Saturday 4 May 2013

From Dream to Reality

22nd April 2013-
This is one of the greatest days of my life. I am now the proud owner of an original Sturmgeschutz III Ausf D   tank wreck! I done a deal with my Schwimmwagen, which I swapped for the Stug wreck. I cannot thank the  kind and generous gentleman involved-Kevin Wheatcroft.
This has been a dream of mine, and now it is reality, I hope to get this valuable piece of German history back into working condition over the next two years, finances allowing!



1st May 2013-
I loaded my Schwimmwagen for the last time to be delivered to the haulage company ready for delivery the next day. 

2nd May 2013-
After a sleepless night of excitement, I patiently waited the delivery of the Stug! Whilst waiting, it suddenly daunt on me the enormity of the project I had taken on...
However, as soon as I saw my eight tonnes of rust arrive, any apprehension I had felt turned back to excitement!




Like the Stug restoration page on Facebook!

7 comments:

  1. A truly exciting project , one I will be watching with great interest. Hat off to a man who has the passion to make this fine restoration happen. The best of luck Jon , ....give me a ring if you need a northern welder ! regards, nelz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jon Phillips,
    Fantastic !
    Another ring if you need a French Designer !
    Cheers !
    Laurent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. Looking forward to hearing more on the project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check these guys out, they are renovating a shoot up swedish armoured personel carrier : http://pbv302.se/.
    The guy in charge : http://www.facebook.com/thord.wedman?fref=ts
    (contact him, he is one of europes leading experts on renovating old tanks)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck with your new project. Is there any more bits to it, like an engine? Loving anything early WW2, basically not with an 88mm. Do you know anything of the vehicle's history?

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.stugiii.com/theaters.html
    North African Stugs were part of an elite force.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LE-MERIDIAN FUNDING SERVICES. We are directly into pure loan and project(s) financing in terms of investment. We provide financing solutions to private/companies seeking access to funds in the capital markets i.e. oil and gas, real estate, renewable energy, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care, transportation, construction, hotels and etc. We can finance up to the amount of $900,000,000.000 (Nine Hundred Million Dollars) in any region of the world as long as our 1.9% ROI can be guaranteed on the projects.
    Le-Meridian Funding Service -Email info@lemeridianfds.com.
    lfdsloans@outlook.com
    (WhatsApp...+1-989-3943-740 Or Call +1-913-9518-145)

    ReplyDelete